It is not often that GallonDaily sources information, much less predictions, from the business press but there are some things that the scientific press just cannot provide. As this time of year is the season for annual predictions, and because a predictive column in the UK newspaper The Guardian caught our eye and reflected at least some of our opinions, we decided to take the plunge into the world of columnists. Not that Aman Singh is just an ordinary columnist but is a New York based member of Edelman’s Business + Social Purpose team and the founder of Singh Solutions, an advisory firm that offers CSR and sustainability reporting and communication strategies services. Her predictions for 2015 include:
- more businesses will recognize that climate change is real
- companies will align their strategies with the United Nations ‘Sustainable Development Goals’
- businesses will switch from advocacy to activism
- there will be more big supply chain disruptions
- there will also be a growing focus on future-proofing – ensuring your long-term viability as an organization, as an economic contributor, as a consumer, as an employee, as a leader and as an informed decision maker.
Both examples and explanations are provided in the original article which can be found at http://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2014/dec/24/2015-predictions-business-climate-change-environment-justice-future
Companies which wish to be leaders in, and to benefit from, the global sustainability movement could do much worse than to consider these five areas during their 2015 strategic planning sessions.