A survey of consumers indicates that more shoppers want to see greener packaging, according to data collected by Perception Research Services in the United States. Findings include:
- the percentage who would like to see more environmentally friendly packaging has increased from 28% in 2010 to 36% in 2012.
- 59% state that seeing environmental claims on packaging positively impacts their behavior, to either buy more of the brands they usually do, or switch to other brands.
- roughly half of shoppers continue to notice environmental claims at a high level.
- the number that report that there is not enough environmental information on packages has increased from 20% in 2010 to 26% this year.
- the number who say they are confused by all the different environmental claims has increased from 12% in 2010 to 20% this year.
More data are available in the Perception Research Services press release at http://www.prsresearch.com/about-prs/announcements/article/packaging-and-the-environment-shoppers-say-please-help-me/
Today people are becoming much more aware about their environment and most of the customers are demanding for green and sustainable packages. As per the market demand, suppliers and packaging businesses are also being motivated to build green packages.