A survey of consumers indicates that more shoppers want to see greener packaging, according to data collected by Perception Research Services in the United States. Findings include:
- the percentage who would like to see more environmentally friendly packaging has increased from 28% in 2010 to 36% in 2012.
- 59% state that seeing environmental claims on packaging positively impacts their behavior, to either buy more of the brands they usually do, or switch to other brands.
- roughly half of shoppers continue to notice environmental claims at a high level.
- the number that report that there is not enough environmental information on packages has increased from 20% in 2010 to 26% this year.
- the number who say they are confused by all the different environmental claims has increased from 12% in 2010 to 20% this year.
More data are available in the Perception Research Services press release at http://www.prsresearch.com/about-prs/announcements/article/packaging-and-the-environment-shoppers-say-please-help-me/